Join everyone's favorite hot dog on the most amazing (and quickest) field trip ever! Kids run, dodge, and jump through a wacky road trip and are rewarded with virtual visits to amazing destinations. Go inside a computer. Peek into an ant hill. Stare up a nose. With dozens of field trip destinations and an emphasis on science and technology facts, every play is an opportunity to stir student interest in our amazing world.
How It Works
Field Trip is a first-person running adventure game your class plays together. To play, your class will run in place next to their desk and duck, jump, and dodge obstacles (and favorite GoNoodle champs) as instructed by the game! After each field trip, your students arrive at an amazing destination, where they can learn fun facts and add that location to their class blog. You can also use your own custom questions to review any subject you like.
- Incorporate a fun quick burst of vigorous physical activity into any day.
- Inspire kid curiosity in the natural world, with an emphasis on science and technology.
- Explore facts as a class and expand science and technology knowledge.
When to Play
- Whenever students need a fun break or reward for performance.
- Whenever you need to transition focus back to academics.
Why This Matters
- Exercise can reduce the effects of stress; while at the same time stimulating brain activity and increasing the ability to concentrate.
- Curiosity is the fuel for development. When fostered, it leads to exploration and discovery! Use "Field Trip" as a way to inspire curiosity in the natural world and explore new concepts.
Quick Play Instructions
- Ensure the room is free of distraction, and that all students can hear the audio and see the screen.
- Click Play Game.
- Choose Game Mode, Destination, and Duration.
- Have students run in place together! As objects appear on the screen, the class should duck, jump, and dodge as instructed.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease the speed of the game.
- Once you reach your destination, read the facts about the location as a group.
Playing Field Trip with Custom Content
You can customize Field Trip with your own custom question sets. Playing with custom content opens up the game to infinite options.
- On the game mode page, choose My Questions.
- Select your question set from the list of available sets. The game presents all sets currently available in your account. If you have more than 6 question sets, you can click the arrow buttons to see more.
- Click Play to begin the game.
The Create and Manage Question Sets article has more info.
Playing Field Trip
Step 1: Play or Visit Your Class Blog
When you open Field Trip, you’ll have varying options depending on if you have played before or not.If you've never played, click Play Game to go on your first field trip. If you've played before, the Class Blog option will be available to you. Click this to review field trips you have taken previously.
Step 2: Get Moving!
After clicking Play Game, select your Game Mode. You can choose just movement or incoporate your custom questions. Select a destination or choose a random trip. Decide on a game time. Options include ninety seconds, three minutes, or five minutes.
Students will run in place and watch the screen. As students jog, obstacles will appear closer to the screen. Students should duck, jump, and dodge obstacles together as instructed on the screen.
You, the teacher, can control the speed of the exercise using the arrow keys. Click u p on your keyboard to make the exercise faster. Click down to slow the action. After two minutes, the exercise will end automatically and your class will visit a new location.
Step 3: Review Your Location
Every field trip ends in a fantastic location, including a photo and fun facts to read with the class. Click the arrow buttons to cycle through the facts about that location.
When you've reviewed the content, click Back to Class to return to the main menu of the game.
Visiting Your Class Blog
If you want to revisit the locations you've visited, click Class Blog on the main screen of the game. You'll visit your class blog, where you can review the various locations you've earned. Click any location on this page to revisit it and review the facts.
Resetting Your Game
If you want to reset your progress and start over, click Reset on the main screen of the game. A message will ask you to confirm your decision.
Note: This cannot be undone. When you reset, you delete any game in progress and start the game as if you were playing for the first time.
Exiting Field Trip
If you're in fullscreen mode, click the ESC key on your keyboard or click the Exit Fullscreen button under the settings menu in the top right. Then, click DONE to earn your minutes and go back to the main screen of GoNoodle.