How It Works
- Incorporate a fun quick burst of vigorous physical activity into any day.
- Inspire kid curiosity in the natural world, with an emphasis on science and technology.
- Explore facts as a class and expand science and technology knowledge.
When to Play
- Whenever students need a fun break or reward for performance.
- Whenever you need to transition focus back to academics.
Why This Matters
- Exercise can reduce the effects of stress; while at the same time stimulating brain activity and increasing the ability to concentrate.
- Curiosity is the fuel for development. When fostered, it leads to exploration and discovery! Use "Field Trip" as a way to inspire curiosity in the natural world and explore new concepts.
Quick Play Instructions
- Ensure the room is free of distraction, and that all students can hear the audio and see the screen.
- Click Play Game.
- Choose Game Mode, Destination, and Duration.
- Have students run in place together! As objects appear on the screen, the class should duck, jump, and dodge as instructed.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease the speed of the game.
- Once you reach your destination, read the facts about the location as a group.
Playing Field Trip with Custom Content
You can customize Field Trip with your own custom question sets. Playing with custom content opens up the game to infinite options.
- On the game mode page, choose My Questions.
- Select your question set from the list of available sets. The game presents all sets currently available in your account. If you have more than 6 question sets, you can click the arrow buttons to see more.
- Click Play to begin the game.
The Create and Manage Question Sets article has more info.
Playing Field Trip
Step 1: Play or Visit Your Class Blog
Step 2: Get Moving!
Step 3: Review Your Location
Visiting Your Class Blog
Resetting Your Game
If you want to reset your progress and start over, click Reset on the main screen of the game. A message will ask you to confirm your decision.
Note: This cannot be undone. When you reset, you delete any game in progress and start the game as if you were playing for the first time.
Exiting Field Trip
If you're in fullscreen mode, click the ESC key on your keyboard or click the Exit Fullscreen button under the settings menu in the top right. Then, click DONE to earn your minutes and go back to the main screen of GoNoodle.