Our Content Standards
GoNoodle's Content Standards
GoNoodle's mission is to get kids moving to be their strongest, bravest, silliest, smartest, bestest selves. The video content in GoNoodle is designed to encourage and inspire that movement.
All content added must adhere to the following standards:
- Our content is school-appropriate.
- Our content is age appropriate for kids, age 5 to 12.
- Our content is positive and empowering in tone.
- Our content promotes a healthy lifestyle. It never promotes drug or alcohol use, violence, inappropriate language, bullying, or sexual activity.
- Our content is fun for kids and appealing to kid sensibilities. Movement activities work best when kids have fun.
- Our content always encourages kids to move or be mindful and aligns to GoNoodle’s mission of helping kids be their best selves.
- Our content never includes specific endorsements of religious or political views.
- Sponsored content in GoNoodle is always indicated as such.
- Sponsored content is never more than a small part of the overall content library in GoNoodle.
- Teachers and users always choose whether or not to view sponsored content. Participation in sponsored content is never required, and the user always has to affirmatively click to view it.
When creating or curating content, our standards are identical to those used by the MPAA in rating television or movie content. We're committed to keeping GoNoodle "G-rated."
According to the MPAA, a "G-rated motion picture contains nothing in theme, language, nudity, sex, violence or other matters that, in the view of the Rating Board, would offend parents whose younger children view the motion picture."
While GoNoodle holds all content accountable to the standards above, content appropriateness is ultimately subjective. Adults are encouraged to make their own decisions about which GoNoodle activities they feel are appropriate and avoid those they do not feel comfortable using. We recommend creating a practice class for previewing videos before sharing with your students.