Special Needs / Slower Paced Activity Recommendations
GoNoodle is accessible to all kids of all different physical ability levels! Most of our dance moves in videos can be easily modified to get everybody moving and grooving, and here are a few of our suggestions.
For students with physical disabilities, we recommend browsing videos by category type. Visit the Categories page to view the GoNoodle videos based on what type of activity you might be looking for.
In Categories, check out the Freestyle videos. These videos are not focused on specific movements, but rather just fun goofy songs and activity. Even a student who can complete few physical movements will get a kick out of the videos (and will not be frustrated by not 'following along'). Within this category, try these videos:
- Choose Wisely on Think About It
- Help Others on Think About It
- Go With The Flow on Think About It
- Believe In Yourself on Think About It
- Additional video recommendations for creating a calm classroom are Airtime Space and Airtime; these are guided breathing exercises that are great for everyone.
- On Blazer Fresh, check out My Body Says What, and Fit the Sitch for excellent videos about socially appropriate behavior and reading emotional reactions
The Think About It channel has videos focus on calming students down with thoughtful meditation. There are few, if any, movements related to these videos, simply listening and thinking. Think About It contains lots of nice positive messages and great ways to settle students down. While many of them are a part of GoNoodle Plus, there are several free options as well!
If your class needs a slower pace or more freestyle options, try these videos:
- Slo-Mo Machine on Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- Wobbly-Man on Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- Get Your Body Movin' on Koo Koo Kanga Roo (a bit faster but easy dance steps and super fun)
- Go Bananas on Moose Tube
- Disco Brain on Awesome Sauce
These links will work best if you are logged into your GoNoodle Educator account. You can login here!