Each exercise in Flow is designed with a specific focus and benefit - stress, attitude, behavior, or emotions.
What This Document Covers:
- Release stress, improve attitudes, and create a positive classroom culture.
- Teach students valuable self-management strategies.
- Help students improve attention so they can focus on schoolwork.
When to Play
- At the start of the school day.
- Before a test, presentation, or other stressful event.
- Whenever students seem negative or distracted.
Why This Matters
- Being mindful decreases levels of the stress hormone cortisol, according to a 2013 study in Health Psychology.
- Mindfulness is linked with improved emotional well-being and sleep quality, according to a 2013 study by the University of Utah.
- Practicing mindfulness can improve compassionate behavior, according to a 2013 study by Northeastern University and Harvard University.
- Improving attention and focus through mindfulness practice can improve the capacity of working memory,according to a 2013 study in Psychol Psi.
How It Works
To play Flow, students participate along with a voice-led mindfulness exercise. Before playing, ensure the room is free of distraction, and that all students can hear the audio and see the screen. By playing regularly, your class will learn to better focus, manage stress, and improve their attitude.
Download our Teacher's Guide for Flow, which provides integration strategies you can use to get the most from Flow in your classroom.
About the Mindfulness Content in Flow
The Flow Videos
Rows in yellow: Available only with GoNoodle Plus subscription.
|Switch||Change your behavior; go in a different direction.|
|Begin Again||Erase rough moments and start fresh.|
|Twist and Turn||Get unstuck from sad or mad feelings.|
|Swirling||Settle your thoughts and focus.|
|Up and Moving||Get your bodies and minds ready to move again.|
|Light as a Feather||Lift your mood from heavy to light.|
|Victorious||Stretch into strength and confidence.|
|Rainbow Breath||Raise your energy.|
|Weather the Storm||Visualize ways to make your day better.|
|Bring It Down||Get control of stress when it gets too high.|
|Chin Up||Look up to feel up.|
|On and Off||Turn off stressful energy to get things done.|
|Melting||Melt away a frozen feeling.|
|From Mindless to Mindful||Be in the moment.|