Think on Your Feet
Turn your classroom into a game show with Think On Your Feet! In this GoNoodle Plus game, your students will participate in a fast-paced quiz show incorporating a variety of simple exercises. Think on Your Feet includes hundreds of grade-appropriate trivia questions covering a wide variety of topics, such as Geography, Dates, Music, Books, Art, People, Technology, and more.
How it Works
Think On Your Feet is a team-based trivia or review game that challenges students to quickly answer questions while moving their bodies. Team 1 gets one minute to correctly answer as many questions as they can before Team 2 takes a turn. Each round lasts approximately two minutes, with the physical activity switching at the beginning of every round. Both teams must keep moving the whole time! You can also use your own custom questions to review any subject you like.
What This Document Covers:
- Get a quick burst of vigorous exercise anytime.
- Explore a variety of topics with grade-appropriate trivia, or use your own questions for a fast and fun pop quiz.
- Practice listening skills as you follow Rob Rarker’s instructions.
When to Play:
- At the beginning of class.
- After recess or lunch.
- While preparing for a test.
Why This Matters
- Make review fun or explore new topics with the wide variety of content available.
- Taking a few minutes for fun and vigorous physical activity can help you create a vibrant classroom culture.
- Listening is an important soft skill, and practice makes perfect!
- Ensure the room is free of distraction, and that all students can hear the audio and see the screen.
- Divide your class into two teams.
- Click Play.
- Choose your grade level.
- Choose the question categories you’ll play in this session.
- Choose the duration of this session.
- Have teams do the prescribed exercise, following Rob Rarker’s instruction.
- When questions appear on the screen, have students (or a single student) call the answer out loud for their team. Select the correct answer.
- Teams take turns answering questions, while following along with the exercise by listening closely to the host, viewing the on-screen demonstration, and interpreting the direction with their bodies. Repeat for the duration of the game.
Playing Think On Your Feet with Custom Content
You can customize Think On Your Feet with your own custom question sets.
- On the game mode page, click My Questions.
- Select your question set from the list of available sets. The game presents all sets currently available in your account. Note that if you have more than 6 question sets, you can click the arrow buttons to see more.
- Click Play to begin the game.
For more information on how to create and manage question sets, our Create Question Sets article.
About the Content in Think On Your Feet
Think On Your Feet is a fun way to explore fun trivia content with students on a variety of subjects. Think On Your Feet includes over 1,400 trivia questions for students to answer, split across 8 categories. With the added My Questions capability, the possibilities are endless.
GoNoodle Plus users have access to 8 different categories:
- Music, Books, and Art
- The Human Body
The trivia questions are not intended as a “test” of student knowledge; it is not required that students study prior to playing the game.
The trivia in Think On Your Feet is intended as a way to to introduce concepts across many subjects and get students’ minds excited and engaged in the world around them.
Playing Think on Your Feet
Step 1: Select Gameplay Mode
When you open Think On Your Feet, click Play and choose Built-in or Custom question sets.
Step 2: Configure Your Game
Choose three settings that will determine how the game works:
- Select your grade level. This determines the challenge level of the questions presented to your class.
- Select the categories of questions you’d like to use in this play session. You can choose one or more categories; the questions in the game are drawn randomly based on the selected categories.
- Choose how long you wish to play. You can choose a 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 minute session.
Step 3: Have Both Teams Do the Exercise
When your session begins, Rob Rarker will appear on the screen and ask students to begin an exercise, animated on screen.
Step 4: Answer Questions
Teams take turns answering a series of questions, until time runs out. You may choose to read the question aloud, or let students read the question. The class will then answer. Have students continue exercising in place and answer aloud. Before playing, you should set an expectation with your class about how answering will be managed inside your class: you may wish to ask students to answer in unison, or you may elect to select a student to answer.
Click the answer your students selected. You will be notified if you answer was correct or incorrect, and the number of correct answers will be tallied at the end of the round.
Step 5: Repeat Until the Game Ends.
Teams take turn answering their sets of questions, while both teams continue exercising.
Think On Your Feet will continue to present new questions and exercises for the duration you selected during setup. Once that duration has passed, the game will end.
Step 6: Review Summary.
When the session ends, scores will be tallied and Rob Rarker will announce the winner.
Exiting Think On Your Feet
If you’re in fullscreen mode, press the ESC key on your keyboard or click the exit fullscreen button under the settings menu in the top right. Then click close to leave the game.